Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Even on this snowy day...

Proverbs 8:
I keep coming back to Proverbs 8 and 9 because I think I'm just captured by wisdom's persistance. I see wisdom as a metaphor for the Lord who always comes to meet us. I think after this week and what has happened at the leaders' meeting, we need that wisdom that God so willingly offers. Can you guys believe it - "Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice?" (v.1) Wisdom is ALWAYS THERE. We have to be willing to listen - to "Listen, for I [wisdom] [has] worthy things to say." (v.6)

Wisdom blatantly says "Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her." (v.10) NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING can compare!

Verse 34 - "Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway."

I need to be there...at those doors. I need to listen for His wisdom in EVERYTHING I do...while doing schoolwork, while interacting with friends and family, while planning Maranatha events... I need to make that effort and making that effort is enough because whether people see a glimpse of His work in my life through getting to know me or begin to wonder about who Jesus really is, it's up to them and the Holy Spirit. Nothing happens because of my works, only His.

No comments:

Post a Comment